Chelsea Dental Aesthetics
If you have recently whitened your teeth and are looking for ways to keep your teeth bright and white, there are a few easy steps you can take to keep stains at bay.
Avoid Staining Food and Drinks
One of the most important things you can do to prevent tooth discoloration is to avoid eating and drinking foods that can stain your teeth. Foods such as pasta sauce, dark berries such as blueberries and drinks such as coffee, tea and red wine all have the ability to stain your teeth.
Use a Straw
Using a straw when you drink will keep liquids away from your teeth. If you cannot stop drinking your morning coffee, try drinking with a straw to limit its contact with your teeth. If you are unable to use a straw, drink water after drinking staining beverages to wash away any potential stains.
Not only is it good for your health but also for your teeth! Teeth are naturally porous, and the nicotine and tar present in cigarettes build up in the pores, causing significant tooth discoloration over time.
Good Oral Hygiene
Brushing and flossing your teeth is also important in maintaining your pearly whites. Brushing your teeth after eating and drinking staining foods will help deter stain-causing plaque from sitting on your teeth too long and causing damage.
Keep Up with Whitening
While doing the above steps will help prevent your teeth from staining, you will need to continue to do whitening treatments to keep your teeth vibrant and white. A whitening tooth paste and mouthwash will help to keep your teeth white between whitening treatments in our office.
If you want a bright, beautiful, confidence-enhancing smile, contact our office at 212-243-6081 to learn more about teeth whitening!
Sometimes we skip a tooth brushing every now and then, which may seem like no big deal. While, in the grand scheme of things, it may seem like missing a tooth brushing here in there isn’t the end of the world, it may lead to unhealthy dental habits, which eventually could result in serious dental damage! By adopting healthy, regular dental habits, you can lower your chance of tooth decay and cavities. Here are some helpful tips towards a healthy, happier smile!
Brush and Floss Regularly:
You should brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste and floss once. If you want to have impeccable oral hygiene, you may also brush your teeth after each meal or snack. If brushing isn’t a post-meal option for you, thoroughly rinsing your mouth with water will help as well.
Using mouthwash twice a day after brushing is a great way wash away leftover bacteria and give your mouth that super clean feel.
Eat Tooth-healthy Foods:
Believe it or not, there are certain foods that are good for your teeth and will help to strengthen them and fight against bacteria and plaque build-up. Some foods that will benefit your dental health include but are not limited to: fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese, unsweetened coffee, tea, and sugar-free gum.
Make Routine Dental Visits:
Professional teeth cleanings and dental check-ups should be scheduled for every six months. If you have a history of dental issues, or if you know you need special attention, visiting your dentist more often than every six months may be best for you.
Consider Dental Sealants:
During your next dental visit, ask about dental sealants. Dental sealants will seal up small grooves and nooks in your teeth, preventing bacteria build-up in those hard to reach places. They can also help prevent tooth decay and can last up to ten years with proper dental care!
If you have any questions about your oral health, please give us a call at London Terrace Phone Number 212-243-6081.
If you are looking for an alternative to dentures and would like to replace your missing teeth, dental implants may be for you. Dental implants are a popular long-term method for restoring your smile. Many people decide to get dental implants after they have experienced loss of teeth due to variety of reasons. Dental implants give you back your freedom from missing teeth.
Who gets dental implants?
Those who are in overall good health and are looking for a long-term solution for their missing teeth are candidates for dental implants. This includes those who are tired of dentures and are looking for a more comfortable and convenient alternative.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages of getting dental implants, including:
- Convenience: dental implants are a long-term option for replacing missing teeth. They have the added benefit of being a permanent fixture in your mouth unlike dentures that can be abrasive to the gums and can cause difficulty speaking.
- Easier eating: you may have found that eating has become more difficult with missing teeth. A dental implant allows for more efficient chewing and will allow you to enjoy your favorite foods once again.
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like real teeth. They can be designed with the same color and shape as your surrounding teeth, making them natural looking
- Confidence: Dental implants can give you a youthful appearance and increased self-esteem. You may find yourself smiling more than ever with your new implants.
How do I care for my dental implant?
The great thing about dental implants is that they require the same care as real teeth. This means regular brushing, flossing and routine dental checkups. If taken care of properly, your new implant can last you a lifetime!
If you are interested in dental implants, contact Chelsea Dental Aesthetics at London Terrace Phone Number 212-243-6081 to set up a dental implant consultation.
Are you ready to start your journey to straighter teeth? Do you dislike the look of regular metal braces? If so, Invisalign may be for you.
Invisalign is a different take on traditional braces. This treatment is used to straighten crooked or crowded teeth with the use of clear plastic trays. Invisalign is designed to be invisible on the teeth, allowing for discreet treatment. Invisalign uses modern computer imaging to map out the future progression of your tooth movement for your aligner trays. This allows for completely customized aligner trays for your teeth.
How is Invisalign different from ordinary braces?
Invisalign allows the wearer to remove the trays whenever they would like to. This gives you the ability to eat and drink whatever you want during your treatment time. With its removable trays, Invisalign also allows the wearer to have improved oral hygiene over those who wear traditional braces.
Once you have had a consultation with your doctor to determine if Invisalign is right for you, your custom made Invisalign trays will be made. You will need to wear your trays up to 22 hours a day to maximize your treatment. Be sure to take your trays out for eating, drinking and of course to brush and floss. You will have new trays every two weeks and over the duration of your treatment you will begin to see your teeth shift into place. You can expect to have routine visits with your doctor every four to six weeks to check on your progress.
Once your treatment is over, you will have beautiful straight teeth. However, even though your treatment is done, you still need to wear a retainer at night. This is done to prevent your teeth from shifting.
If you are interested in starting Invisalign treatment, give us a call at London Terrace Phone Number 212-243-6081 to schedule a consultation.
Many of us think that invisible braces, such as Invisalign, are only used to enhance the aesthetic value of a person’s smile. To a certain extent, that is true. Typically the goal of having braces is to straighten one’s teeth and improve his or her smile. However, did you know that there are actually health benefits to having a straighter smile as well?
Below are just a few of the ways in which invisible braces can benefit your health:
- Overall Health: Since oral infections are thought to be related to other health issues in the body such as an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, or diabetes, keeping your teeth straightened and properly spaced apart is an important and crucial step to having better overall health.
- Diverse Diet: With traditional metal braces, there are many foods you are unable to eat which can severely hinder diversity in your diet. Since invisible braces are removable, they allow you to eat a wider variety of foods, helping to ensure that you get all of the vitamins and minerals that are necessary for a healthy body.
- Periodontal Health: Overcrowded teeth can lead to red, swollen, and irritated gums. These symptoms are typically signs of periodontal disease. Getting braces can allow your teeth to not only straighten, but also make more space between your teeth, allowing your gums more room.
- Better Cleaning Access: Traditional braces take up a large amount of surface area on your tooth. therefor there is a good amount of tooth you’re missing every time you brush. With invisible braces, however, you are able to remove them in order to clean the entire surface of your teeth and maintain that impeccable flossing and brushing routine!
If you’re looking for a straighter smile, as well as better overall and oral health, give us a call at 212-243-6081.