What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Are you struggling with the way your teeth look? Cosmetic Dentistry can fix any tooth appearance! Cosmetic Dentistry offers a wide array of procedures from tooth whitening to complete smile makeovers.
How do you know what Cosmetic Dentistry is the right procedure for you?
Cosmetic Dentistry offers a multitude of procedures that may help you fix any problem that you have with your teeth! The following is a list of procedures that should help you decide what you want to do!
- Teeth whitening. This procedure brightens teeth that are discolored or stained. Teeth whitening, or bleaching, can be done in a dentist’s office or at home with a system dispensed by the dentist. Over-the-counter teeth-whitening products are also available.
- Bonding. This can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces in between them, by bonding tooth-colored materials to the tooth surface.
- Veneers. These are thin, custom-made porcelain shells that cover the front of the teeth to disguise discoloration or imperfections.
- Tooth reshaping. This procedure involves changing the teeth to improve their appearance by modifying or removing enamel. Tooth reshaping (also known as dental contouring) is often combined with bonding.
- Crown lengthening. This can fix a “gummy” smile (where more gum than teeth are visible) or an uneven gum line by removing excess gum tissue to expose more of the tooth’s crown and give the appearance of longer teeth. This involves minor oral surgery.
- Smile makeovers. These procedures involve a comprehensive assessment of the overall appearance of the teeth and smile. Typically, several cosmetic dentistry procedures are required to overhaul the look of a patient’s smile. Think of it as a facelift for the mouth.
If you’re not happy with your smile call Chelsea Dental Aesthtics to see what cosmetic procedure is best for you to give you a beautiful radiant smile. Call 212-243-6081 or visit our website at www.chelseadentalaesthetics.com.
Comments are closed.